Sunday 15 April 2012

Flirting With Florals

It's difficult living in Cornwall and loving exciting new trends as I do, we're so 'behind' that sometimes I feel as though I can't experiment with anything. For example, the first time I took an oversized box clutch bag out I got told I looked like I was carrying a laptop case... You know who you are!
One trend I'm going to try, that's pretty big for Spring/Summer is floral. I know it's easy enough to throw on a girly flower print dress, step into your sandals and skip along in the sunshine (on the 2 days of the year we class as summer), but isn't that kinda boring? Why not be a bit more daring... I've seen a few funky floral trousers in the high street, magazines, online etc...admittedly some are downright ugly and others are so crazy they'd give you a migraine, but these are truly a fabulous find... Honest! 

These beautys are from Warehouse and I think they're seriously stunning. They're £38, can be bought here and they're a brilliant way to embrace the floral trend this spring. Think sky high nude courts and a white racer back (tucked in) to keep it simple and if you fancy it, team with a laptop case...I mean box clutch. 


Tank top £8 River Island

If you're really brave you could team the trousers with a contrasting clutch in orange like this one from ASOS Collection (LOVE perspex clutch bags right now!) or even yellow/hot pink - be brave!  

Bag £35 ASOS

I'm guilty of sticking to neutrals since  becoming a mum, it just goes with the territory but I'm so ready to get back to playing with fashion and with summer coming there's no excuse... Embrace the bright and the bold :)
Make up wise think neutral eyes and nude lips to let the trousers do the talking, or if you're really brave colour pop your lips with a vibrant pink (think classy not trashy)... 

This is the gorgeous 'Nicki' lipstick from MAC's Viva Glam range (limited edition), a bubblegum pink with subtle yellow undertones... It has a satin finish and you can snap up this beauty at MAC for £13.50 (I'll be doing a review on this in a few days time and I'll create a make up look to show you how you could wear it).

So on your next night out, ditch the dreary dress, throw on a pair of summery trousers and prepare yourself for a flood of compliments :) Or if you live in Cornwall, listen to the criticism then 6 months later laugh when everyone else is wearing them!

Feel free to share your views on all things floral and do follow me on twitter @daniellacha...

x Daniella Beauty Junkie x

4 comments:

  1. Actually LOVE this! I like the wide leg print trousers, never even crossed my mind about a straight leg pair. . . . saw those and thought "yikes". . . saw what to team it with, and immediately thought YES! YES! YES! Throw in the pink lippy and oh my dear days!! I HAVE to get this lot in my life. . . . . now wheres my credit card?xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow my Nicki lipstick and see what you think :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nicki' lipstick such a great summery colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous :) and not too bright either.. Really wearable xx

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS