Thursday 7 June 2012

May Favourites - Chanel, Liz Earle, Garnier, Lush & Revlon

Soleil Tan De Chanel - Bronzing Make Up Base

I actually bought this very recently but I've been using it everyday and I love it! I've wanted it for a few months but it's quite pricey so I waited until I could justify spending £30 :) but it's so worth the money, it's a cream bronzer that suits all skin tones and I apply it with a contour brush. It blends so easily and creates a really natural, sun kissed look. I have very fair skin so it's hard to apply bronzer and achieve a natural finish, but this creates a gorgeous glow and will last me ages. It's a definate investment buy.



Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

I know every beauty blogger and their dog love Liz Earle products and everywhere you turn there's excellent reviews so I won't overdo it, but I recently rediscovered this cleanser and now I'm not sure why I left it behind in the first place... It smells fresh and makes my skin super soft. One pump of this will remove all traces of make up (I use a seperate eye make up remover but I'm guessing you may need a tiny bit more for stubborn mascara), it's extremely gentle on my skin and it gives me just the right balance of moisture whilst not tightening my skin (I find some cleansers really dry my skin out and even though I have quite oily skin I like to keep some moisture there). I don't use the hot cloth with this, I just use it as a regular cleanser, wetting my face first, using one pump of the cleanser and applying it to my face and neck then washing it off and patting dry :)

Garnier Deep Clean Foam Wash

I use this face wash in the morning before putting on my moisturiser and it's perfect for my oily skin. It has zinc in it which helps to fight breakouts, I'm prone to breakouts in the most oily areas on my face and so far this has helped to keep my skin clear. It has a tingly effect when I apply it but I quite like that as it tells me it's working at killing bacteria, giving my face a deep clean. It does tighten my skin but I'm not too bothered by that as I apply my moisturiser straight after. I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry or sensitive skin as it'll probably dry you out too much and I wouldn't say it's gentle enough for sensitive skin.

Lush - Enzymion Moisturiser

Another great product for combination to oily skin. It doesn't really have any scent but I hate fragranced moisturisers so it suits me perfectly, for £13.50 it's quite a small tub (45g) but a little bit goes a long way so I can see it lasting for a few months. It contains alpha hydroxy acids (found in certain fresh fruits) which help to soak up excess sebum (oily skin is just excess sebum being produced) and so far I love this product. It dries my skin but still adds the right amount of moisture keeping my skin soft and creating a lovely base for my make up. Lush is definitely one of my favourite shops at the moment, they have something for everyone!


Revlon Lip butters

I'll be doing a full review on some of these in a few days but they have definitely made it to my favourites! I wear one pretty much every day (I'm lucky enough to have the whole range thanks to a twitter competition) but they're a must have product for summer.

L-R Tutti Frutti, Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS