Thursday 16 May 2013

Getting Lippy With NYX

There's 3 things I love about summer.
1 - the excuse to eat way more ice lollies than is socially acceptable. 
2 - maxi dresses (who doesn't love a good maxi?)
3 - a bold lip. 

For the purpose of this being a beauty blog, number 3 is the one I'm going to talk about today. 

I love lipstick. I used to be a gloss or tinted balm kinda gal but once you pluck up the courage to sport a bright fuchsia lip, trust me there's just no going back! It's addictive. In the warmer months (if such a thing exists in the UK), I love nothing more than slapping on some BB cream, a touch of bronzer, a slick of black eyeliner and a bold lipstick. It's so much fun experimenting with colours and the summer months are the perfect time to do it. This said, I want to have choice. Pinks, reds and everything in between. But I don't want to be spending a fortune on lip products when after all my ice lolly addiction is soaking up all my spare cash :)

Cue NYX! I'll jump right in and tell you their Round Lipsticks are some of the best I've ever tried. They're affordable at £3.50 each, super pigmented (as in, one swipe and you have crazy colour payoff). They're not at all drying, in fact if you've ever tried YSL's Rouge Volupte lipsticks, the formula is extremely similar to those. But I actually find NYX's lipsticks to last a lot  longer without needing to be reapplied. Plus they come in an array of beautiful shades.

Here's my 3 favourites.


L-R Paris, Chaos & Spell Bound

L-R Paris, Spell Bound & Chaos

Paris is a matte, slightly purple toned pink and unlike other matte lippies this is really moisturising which is such a bonus. It means I can wear it on it's own without needing a gloss. 

NYX Round Lipstick in Paris

Chaos is a stunning deep red. I love this shade as apposed to a bright red, I feel it suits my fair complexion much more and it screams 'old Hollywood glamour'. Admittedly I probably wouldn't wear this in the day,  for me it's definitely more of an evening lipstick. 
And who say's red is only for autumn/winter? I say rebel against the norm and rock your scarlet lips in the summer time too :) 

 NYX Round Lipstick in Chaos

Spell Bound is probably my favourite of the shades I've tried. It's a deeper pink with a very slight gold shimmer and I really mean 'slight'. In the bullet it looks tons more shimmery than when applied. It also looks a lot more subtle in the photo than it really is.

NYX Round Lipstick in Spell Bound

I can't finish this post without mentioning my favourite NYX gloss. It's one of their Mega Shine glosses and it's called Dolly Pink. To be honest, I'm sold just on the name alone. (I'm such a girl...)

NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Dolly Pink

It's a bright fuchsia and there's 2 things I love about it. The first is the pigmentation. There is NOTHING more disappointing than buying a lip gloss, getting it home, applying it and realising that the bright pink you were desperately excited about, is in fact a clear gloss with a few rosy streaks running through it. Ugh! I hate that! But that couldn't be further from the truth with this one. It's shiny and glossy just as it should be but without losing any of the colour. It's definitely strong enough to use alone without needing a bright lipstick underneath. The second thing I adore is that it's not at all sticky (hallelujah!) it's formula is buttery soft and it has just the right amount of 'wetness' for want of a better word... You can get your mega shine glosses at NYX UK's website for £7 each. 

NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Dolly Pink

So there you have it my 3 favourite NYX lipsticks and a gloss for good measure. I could ramble on about all the other NYX products I adore but I have ice lollies to eat and maxi dresses to wear. And yes it's raining. And no that won't stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS