Tuesday 18 June 2013

My Skincare Tips & Routine - Part 2

If you haven't seen Part 1 of my Skincare Tips & Routine then have a look here. 


In Part 1 I talked about some important factors when it comes to choosing the right skincare products and I also showed you the products I use in the morning, so lets jump straight into my evening routine :) 

If you'd like more information on any of the products mentioned or you want to purchase them, then just click on the name of the product and it'll take you to the applicable website.











In the evening I need a cleanser that's going to remove all my makeup and also clean my face ready to apply other products. As I mentioned in part 1, I really like to use natural products if I can and La Roche Posay are such a lovely, natural brand with really gentle yet effective products. This cleanser has no parabens or other nasty chemicals and it doesn't have a scent either which appeals to me. This is excellent for makeup removal and it doesn't dry my skin out at all. I use a seperate makeup remover for my eyes, then I wet my face, massage this into my skin and rinse off which gets rid of the majority of my makeup. I then repeat that step again to ensure my face is really clean. I can't stress enough how important it is to use a cleanser every night. Makeup wipes just aren't going to do the job! They will only remove the makeup on the surface of your skin whereas a cleanser will clean your pores and get rid of hidden dirt. 






Another natural product with no nasty ingredients. This toner spray smells of tea tree which I really like and acts as the final step in cleaning my skin. I spray some onto a cotton pad and concentrate on the areas where I'm prone to break outs. If you suffer with spots then give tea tree products a go as they're great for killing bacteria and helping to clear your skin.






Time for a bit of anti ageing! I mentioned Green People in part 1 and I really love this brand. They pride themselves on their natural, vegan products and I definitely recommend checking out their website. I found this serum on Feel Unique when I was looking for an anti ageing serum and I didn't hesitate when I came across this one! It contains organic chamomile, rose geranium and seaweed and it's suitable for all skin types which is great. I love that it not only firms my skin but it hydrates too, giving me some much needed moisture in the evening. This can be used in the day time too as a base for your makeup but I personally want extra hydration and goodness through the night when my skin repairs itself. 






I actually apply my Estée Lauder eye cream before this lotion but as I talked about it in part 1 I'll skip it :) 



Avene's Cleanance range is predominantly for oily skin and as I've mentioned before I'm normal - combination so at first glance it doesn't seem appropriate for me. This said, I can get quite an oily t zone towards the end of the day and I like to prevent that area becoming even more oily and therefore stopping break outs, that's where this moisturiser comes in handy. Avene products are aimed at those with sensitive or irritable skin, so you know you're getting really gentle products which is great. I apply this to oily areas and it sinks in really quickly, has no scent and controls oil. Sometimes I'll apply this to my whole face if I feel I need it, but otherwise I'll apply my Embryolisse cream to my dryer areas which you can read about in part 1. 






I use this to deal with both break outs and blocked pores. 
I have blocked pores on my cheeks which drive me mad! If you suffer with them too then you'll know they're really difficult to get rid of. 
I started using Effaclar Duo a few months ago and I couldn't believe it when I applied it to a few spots I had, then woke up the next morning to see that they had almost completely cleared up! I was totally amazed and began using a small amount on my blocked pores. I've definitely noticed an improvement and I'll persist with it as they're by no means completely gone. However I still love this for breakouts though I only use a very small amount as it's strong stuff so if I use too much it can sting. 



So that's it for evening products! You may have noticed that I don't use any kind of face scrub or exfoliater and this is simply because I don't really like them. I find they can be quite harsh on my skin and I just don't really enjoy using them, however it's really important that you do exfoliate your face in some capacity to remove dead skin and keep your face healthy and glowing. So with this in mind, I get my exfoliating fix in the form of a microdermabrasion mask which I use once a week. At the moment I'm using Darren Mckeown Tri Mineral Mask which I love. If you aren't familiar with microdermabrasion, it's basically a fancy word for exfoliater and this mask contains 3 minerals, magnesium, copper and zinc. You can read a more in depth description by clicking here. I apply the mask which contains lots of tiny grains, leave it on for about 15 minutes (you don't want to leave it on too long or it can be too harsh on your skin), I gently rub in the little particles and wash it off. My skin really does glow after I've used this and it feels super soft! I actually bought this from Superdrug when it was on offer (I think I paid about £8 for it) but it retails at £21.99. I couldn't find a link to buy it and Superdrug don't seem to stock it anymore but it is available on eBay.



I hoped you enjoyed reading all about the skincare products I use and although I'm certainly no skin care expert, I'd be happy to try and help with any questions you have :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS