Friday 24 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette - First Impressions & Daytime Look

I'm not one of those girls that jumps on the bandwagon for every new palette release, I don't sit in an online queue on the MAC website when they bring out one of their 5 million collections every year and I certainly don't spend my money on something just for the 'hype'. BUT. I have a certified weakness for the Urban Decay Naked releases. I own the original Naked palette, which I have used to death and absolutely love. I also have the Naked Basics palette which I love equally as much! But I passed on the Naked 2 as the shades seemed too similar to the first palette and with a £37 price tag, it just wasn't worth it for me... 

Then came the Naked 3.



I held off for a couple of months but I finally bit the bullet and ordered it! Whenever I'm considering buying a palette or something high end with a pretty hefty price tag, I like to do a ton of research and this was no exception. I read numerous reviews and watched lots of youtube videos, scoured through loads of swatch photos and I came to the conclusion that I loved it! I really love the fact that it's so different to the first Naked palette, with more rosy, pink tones too. Again, this is quite an expensive makeup purchase at £37 and although I'll mainly use this on myself, I also do freelance makeup now and again so it'll come in handy for that :) 

First Impressions 

I've only had it for a few days, so it's not really the right time to give a full review, but the swatches speak for themselves. As always with Urban Decay eyeshadows, the pigment is amazing, they blend beautifully and the shade choices for this palette were spot on. There's three matte shades and the rest are shimmer. 

You also get a double ended brush which is really handy. The larger end would be great for packing colour onto the lid and helping to blend and the smaller brush could be used for highlighting under the brow on the inner corners.

There's so many options with this palette! From subtle, day time looks, to dramatic, darker evening looks. The theme is definitely pink, rosy shades but there's a gorgeous bronze shade called trick which is beautiful and I love blackheart, a really unique deep purple with gold glitter. 







Subtle Day Look 

I had a play with the colours yesterday and used some of the pink shades to create a really subtle, daytime look. I love these kind of colours with blue eyes! And I can't wait to create lots of different wearable looks :)






3 comments:

  1. I adore this palette! I keep on playing with it.
    I think Buzz is my favourite

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're eyeshadow looks awesome!!
    I LOVE this palette!
    Oh, I have a giveaway at the moment! Would love you to enter. Kelly from |Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS