Saturday 8 February 2014

Haircare Heros

I'm someone that's constantly on a quest to have that perfect, silky, shampoo commercial, amazing hair :) A hard task indeed! I've come to realise over the years that the products claiming to give you 'shine' and 'silky soft' locks are usually just coating your hair and basically creating short term results without really improving or benefiting it. This was never really a huge problem for me, as long as it's making it look nice then what's the problem, right? At least that's what I thought until I started noticing my hair becoming dull and weak. I guess repeated use of these shampoos, conditioners and masks that just coat my hair had taken their toll. 





I'd read about clarifying shampoos on various blogs and just general internet browsing but I never really thought it to be a necessary purchase until a few weeks ago. I came across the Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo on Feel Unique and thought ahh what the hell, let's give it a go! Clarifying shampoo is used to strip your hair of all the product build up. You're meant to use it once every couple of weeks to really give your hair a good cleanse and basically start with a nice, fresh base to apply your hair products.

When you first use this, it's quite a strange experience because it doesn't lather. At all. This then makes you automatically use more, then it still doesn't lather. But fear not, even though this isn't lathering up like your normal shampoo, it's still doing it's job! Try not to be tempted to add lots of this, a small amount (like you'd normally use with your everyday shampoo) is all you need to really clean your hair and breakdown all that built up product. Then use your conditioner as normal, heat protectant, hair dryer etc. 

After a few uses I'm really loving this. I can't compare it to any other clarifying shampoos because I haven't used any! But this really does leave my hair squeaky clean and soft! I'm hoping over time this will help put some strength back into my hair too. 

Another product I've been pretty addicted to is hair oil. I've tried quite a few (mainly drugstore) but I grabbed a small bottle of the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment at on a recent trip to my hairdressers. I apply a small amount of this (about a 50p piece) to damp hair before I blow dry. I massage it into my mid lengths and ends (avoid roots!) and it immediately makes my hair feel super soft. Again I'm hoping this will help to strengthen my ends whilst keeping my hair lovely and soft, it's definitely a step I never miss in my hair washing routine! 

Clarifying shampoo and oil were never essential products for me, but strangely they've both become must haves! Do you have any haircare heros? Or have you tried either of these?

Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo - £18.45 - Link 

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment - £11 (30ml) - Link

Just a side note - my Naked 3 palette giveaway is running until Wednesday, so make sure you've entered! It's a UK only giveaway. Click here to enter.

2 comments:

  1. I love the macadamia oil! It makes the hair so soft and nourished and it smells divine too :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite fancy trying the oil, the mask was fabulous x
    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS